May 14

We got our No Objection Certificates NOC for our animals today!

by in Pets to India Info

Yah, today we got our NOC certificates early, this is what they look like:

This is the No Objection Certificate for our Dogs

This is the No Objection Certificate for our Dogs

This is the No Ojection Certificate for our Cat

This is the No Objection Certificate for our Cat

It says on it we must produce our documents upon arrive, so that is easy.

337 Responses to “We got our No Objection Certificates NOC for our animals today!”

1. From chrisandcin:

HI

Your best bet is to call http://www.jetex-oceanair.com/ . I am still in Kolkata, but at the moment my work schedule only puts me back in Kolkata 1 day every 2 weeks if I am lucky (the maid gets a good easy life though!) .

I will send you my email address also tomorrow

Chris

Posted on August 27, 2015 at 9:23 am #
  2. From Annie:

Marlies, did you used to fly your dog in the hold with jet?

Posted on September 6, 2015 at 9:03 am #
  3. From Marlies:

Hi Annie,

yes, 12 kg dog plus 6 kg crate = dog in hold. But never any problem.

Posted on September 12, 2015 at 4:37 pm #
  4. From Anne Waltham:

SayDitto, I will also be departing India with my dog soon and have been doing research. As far as I understand, if you want to come back in with the dog in the future you need an Export Certificate. You have to take your dog to the Quarantine Office in your city along with vaccination certs, ticket etc. If you do not want to bring your dog back in, I don’t think you need any documents from the Indian side. Marlies, is this correct? Marlies, is it that we only have to get the Export Cert’ once and that serves to bring the dog back into the country each time?

Posted on September 14, 2015 at 7:24 pm #
  5. From Patricia:

Hello,

I’m going to live in India and I couldn’t find someone to help me to have the NOC. Have you a contact?
    My departure is close.
    Can you help me?

Thanks.
    Patricia
    Removed your email so you dont get spammed…

Posted on September 18, 2015 at 3:02 am #
  6. From chrisandcin:

What city are you going to land your pets into ? I can dig up the agent info if you let me know
    Chris

Posted on September 18, 2015 at 7:55 am #
  7. From Marlies:

Annie, sorry I don’t have any experience with the Export Certificate. The last time I left India with my dog was in 04/2013, a few days after the new strict rules came into force. We could leave the country like all the years before … Pet Passport and Titre Certificate for entering EU. In 09/2013 after the new rules came into force I tried to get the required NOC (which I never needed before) and most priority to obtain the NOC was the Export Certificate, which I didn’t have. If I understood the (Bengaluru Airport) rules correctly you have to have a (new) Export Certificate whenever you leave India with your dog. Very confusing … I guess, each of the six airports, from where you can leave the country with a pet, is handling it differently … incredible India.
    Kind regards from Marlies and dog Anjuna

Posted on September 19, 2015 at 5:27 pm #
  8. From Patricia:

Hi Chris,
    Thanks for your reply. I can pass by Delhi or Mumbai. I’m going to the middle of India. I am discouraged, I sent messages but have no answer.
    I live from France then I’m looking for the shortest travel for my cat.

Thanks.
    Patricia

Posted on September 20, 2015 at 3:12 am #
  9. From Marlies:

Hi Patricia,

maybe it helps. Got helpful information.
    aqcsnr-dadf@nic.in
    Dr. Vijay Kumar, Delhi

Marlies

Posted on September 21, 2015 at 8:38 am #
  10. From Marlies:

Hi Patricia,

NOC officer of Mumbai, Mr. Visa
    you can call him on 0091 022-27630021
    Had sent e-mails to AQCS in Mumbai … no reply!

Reards
    Marlies

Posted on September 21, 2015 at 8:51 am #
  11. From Patricia:

Hi Marlies,

Thanks for you help.
    I’m going to try to send email to Dr Vijay Kumar.

Regards,
    Patricia

Posted on September 21, 2015 at 12:19 pm #
  12. From Patricia:

Hello Chris,

Have you an other contact? Thanks Pat

Posted on September 22, 2015 at 5:23 am #
  13. From Annie:

Patricia,

Please call Visa Kumar in Delhi. They will not answer your emails. Where are you coming from in France and going to in india?

Posted on September 22, 2015 at 7:41 am #
  14. From Patricia:

Thanks for you reply. I’m from Paris to Mumbai or New-Delhi.

Posted on September 22, 2015 at 10:32 am #
  15. From Annie:

Patricia, Please contact Dr. Kim ar in Delhi. He will tell you the process. He will send you an noc by email. I am skype Annie Waltham

Posted on September 23, 2015 at 10:57 pm #
  16. From Chhavi:

Hi,
    How do we prove Transfer of residence for NOC?
    We want to bring in our dog and thinking of relocating too but all depends on business/job opprtunitines here. We are overseas citizen of India and been in London for 7 years. Our family/parents are in Delhi and we will be living with them.
    Is that enough info or is there a formal document needed to prove transfer of residence? We don’t have any job offers/emplyment in Delhi yet.
    Can anyone help? Thanks

Posted on October 23, 2015 at 6:01 am #
  17. From Annie:

Chhavi, you can get a declaration from a notary public.

Posted on November 9, 2015 at 3:38 am #
  18. From Sadaf:

hi.i want take my dog from iran to india , mumbai or delhi…i have student visa.i called mumbai airport and delhi airport also.but they said they didnt gave me premission for taking my dog.she has health certificate and microchip and everything that they need.im so worried about it. i dont no what should i do.can u help me?

Posted on December 12, 2015 at 1:04 pm #
  19. From david:

i am na NRI lived overseas for past 20 years and lately residing in Thailand Bangkok for past 3 years,
    I am returning back to india and would like to bring my Dog from bangkok

i have been told to get NOC

advise where should i get the NOC i will be based in Chennai .

Rgds
    david W

Posted on February 4, 2016 at 11:23 pm #
  20. From chrisandcin:

Search thru here you I’ll fin some agents in chennai who can help you

Posted on February 7, 2016 at 6:56 am #
  21. From Neenu:

Hello we are based in uk. We have a dog. I contacted one agent for NOC. He said the charge for NOC
    At around 30,000. Please anyone help me to find out to get NOC certificate.
    This is my email address: neenuajuantony168@gmail.com

Posted on February 15, 2016 at 4:02 pm #
  22. From chrisandcin:

That’s a pretty decent price. One of my colleagues just paid rs60000 to get his dogs in thru Delhi. Make sure you fly the pets with you or within 30 days or else it gets expensive and impossible to get them in now.

Posted on February 15, 2016 at 4:19 pm #
  23. From Annie:

Neenu, search the thread. You will find contact for animal quarantine office, Delhi.

Posted on February 17, 2016 at 4:29 am #
  24. From Annie:

FYI Everyone. .. An NOC is issued free of charge. Agents charge you for their time to pick it up and scan and send it to you…

Posted on February 17, 2016 at 4:33 am #
  25. From Sunitha:

Hello: How did you to get an NOC from DGFT to take a dog to India? Where am I suppose to apply for it? Please help.

Posted on February 19, 2016 at 2:05 pm #
  26. From chrisandcin:

If you need it you need to apply in person or thru an agent in the city you are to arrive in..

Posted on February 19, 2016 at 3:03 pm #
  27. From Annie:

Am planning to take my dog out in April and come back in September. I have been in contact with animal quarantine in mumbai. I need an export licence. Does anyone have experience of this? Don’t want to get stuck and not be able to get the dreaded NOC!

Posted on March 6, 2016 at 6:44 pm #
  28. From Marlies:

Annie, are you leaving from Mumbai or Delhi? The required documents name is Export Health Certificate. Unfortunately I have safed a copy on my PC in Germany. Here I have a different one. But check in the web “European Union” … travelling with pets … and so on. It takes time to find it. I have an adress of a vet in Delhi who is doing this paperwork … very famous for doing it properly and following the required rules so that you can bring your dog back again.
    Regards from Marlies + dog Anjuna

Posted on March 11, 2016 at 6:55 pm #
  29. From Annie:

Maflies, I will depart from Mumbai. I have already spoken to the government vet at aqcs.

Posted on March 15, 2016 at 10:08 pm #
  30. From Nam:

Hi how did you apply for the NOC ? did you employ an agent to do the leg work or do it yourselves? If on your own where do you go to get this ?I’m planning to travel with my pet cat to bangalore india and would appreciate any help in starting this.

Posted on March 22, 2016 at 12:32 am #
  31. From chrisandcin:

UNless you are there in India, best to get a Agent. There is a couple here that will help you get one for Bangalore. Here is the link for the office you need http://bengaluruairport.com/bial/pdf/Reserved_func_Animal_Quarantine.pdf

Posted on March 25, 2016 at 11:24 am #
  32. From Prasad desai:

Hi… I mnplanning to move to India from Thailand. I have been in Thailand for five years. I am bit confused with this NOC thing.can my brother in India apply for the same?? What documents don’t need to get NOC??
    Please help.

Posted on April 17, 2016 at 1:58 am #
  33. From chrisandcin:

Yep you need the noc , to get it you need to show your pet is cleared by Thailand ..ie immunized, chipped etc.

Your brother can get it for you.

Posted on April 17, 2016 at 3:33 am #
  34. From Annie:

I am leaving for Mumbai today. I will get my export certificate from there and then fly my dog in cabin wit AF to Paris. From there channel tunnel to the uk. I plan to come back on the 7th September. Just letting everyone know that this is possible…. in theory… hmmm….

Posted on April 27, 2016 at 7:27 pm #
  35. From Annie:

I thought they had done this a couple of years ago.. another ‘clear as mud’ ruling…

Posted on April 27, 2016 at 7:29 pm #
  36. From Hemanth:

Hi,
    I am planning to do a round trip in July 2016 from Dallas or Houston to Bangalore with my 5 month old Boxer puppy. I will be staying in India for 1 1/2 months. I found information about all documents needed for his travel but not having luck with which airways to choose. Should I sent him in cargo or as a check in baggage? It would be great if you could give me some information on how to bring him to india and back from India to USA.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on June 4, 2016 at 7:48 pm #
  37. From chrisandcin:

India isnt the place to be be travelling to and from with a Pet. Unless you have a proper visa type its going to be hard, ie tourist visa its not easy. Also July is one of the hottest time of the year at both ends, I wouldnt want my pet travelling from a very hot place such as Texas to a hotter place such as India (although Bangalore is cooler) . Emirates is you mostdirect airline but they dont carry pets. In any case you need to bring your dog as Excess baggage on the same flight as you. I dont think you will find a airline willing to take your pet at this time of year, its simply too hot and with no simple direct flights you are facing an uphill battle.

Honestly for a 6 week trip, I would put your pet in boarding of some sort, bringing a puppy on such a long and hot and dangerous journey simply isnt a safe, or humane thing to do in my mind.

Posted on June 5, 2016 at 12:43 am #
  38. From Annie:

Hemanth, it is not possible to get an NOC for a dog unless you can prove that you are transferring residency to india after 2 years minimum overseas. As Chris said, it is also too hot to travel with a dog now.

Posted on June 6, 2016 at 8:52 am #
  39. From Hemanth:

Thank you Chris and Annie for your response. I think I will make arrangements to leave him in US and make my trip shorter.

I hope Government of India can make it easier for bringing pets on vacation to India.

Posted on June 6, 2016 at 10:18 am #
  40. From Annie:

Yes Hemanth, they are making it as difficult as possible, stating that they don’t want any more breeding of pedigree dogs from overseas, while at the same time millions of uneutered dogs live on the streets and pedigree dogs are bought and sold freely at markets such as Crawford market in mumbai and on sites such as oxl

Posted on June 6, 2016 at 12:43 pm #
  41. From chrisandcin:

I dont ever see it getting easier here… just harder. Plus travelling in India or staying anywhere would be impossible in India with a pet, unless of course you are staying with friends. In many respects India is still very very much stuck in a timewarp.

Posted on June 6, 2016 at 9:58 pm #
  42. From Annie:

Yah…. unless you have a Chihuahua like mine and you can sneak him here n there ?

Posted on June 7, 2016 at 8:00 am #
  43. From Gifty:

Hi Guys,
    I am currently staying in Saudi Arabia and will be moving back to India by the end of June. I have a pet RABBIT and would like to bring him to India as well. Could someone guide me through the required documents and procedures? Please it will be a great help . Really looking forward for your replies
    Thankyou

Posted on June 9, 2016 at 6:44 pm #
  44. From chrisandcin:

Gifty, as far as I know the process for a Rabbit is the same as a dog or cat.. but end of June is going to be a bit hot to move the poor thing from Saudi to India dont you think ? I will be surprised if you can find an airline to carry your pet in June.

Posted on June 10, 2016 at 10:39 am #
  45. From Gifty:

Hi ,.
    First of all i would like to sAY, Thankyou soo much for the reply
    Sir, yeah but i don’t think i will be able to move him soon, cause i understand that the process takes sometime. I was wondering if you could help me with some information regarding the DGFT license. Like how will it take to obtain it? most importantly the cost of obtaining it and what documents would i be requiring to obtain it. I have no idea about it. I need to start the process as soon as possible. I really don’t want to leave my pet behind. Could you please him me with that?

Posted on June 10, 2016 at 6:58 pm #
  46. From Gifty:

I was wondering if you could help me with some information regarding the DGFT license. Like how long will it take to obtain it? most importantly the cost of obtaining it and what documents would i be requiring to obtain it. I have no idea about it. I need to start the process as soon as possible. I really don’t want to leave my pet behind. Could you please help me with that?

Posted on June 14, 2016 at 11:38 am #
  47. From Gifty:

Guys please someone help me
    I am really desperate .

Posted on June 15, 2016 at 6:15 pm #
  48. From N:

Hi there!

I saw some comments (From Annie?) about getting a Notary public attestation to prove transfer of residence. I am arriving in Bangalore airport from Singapore and at the moment I haven’t got a job squared up (I am Indian). Can I get this certificate done in the home country please?

Thanks!
    N

Posted on June 27, 2016 at 7:38 pm #
  49. From chrisandcin:

Have you tried at your local Indian Consulate “?

Posted on June 27, 2016 at 8:37 pm #