I know we say it a lot but bloody hell its hot. Today 47C, 117F. Poor Moe is havig trouble with it, I just took them out for a pee and he had to sit in the middle of the drive to catch his breath, now he is laying directly in front of the air conditioner trying to cool down. Luckily I just had Rapid Air come and fix our A/C. During the day I just take them down the drive, because the street is too busy, but when you get up to the gate and the locals see you, a large white woman with a very large dog and a strange looking smaller one, they stop dead in their tracks and stare, and then move to the other side of the road, its quite amusing. The elevator man is terrified of Pump, he squeezes into the corner and looks out of the corner of his eye at her like she is about to pounce on him, I feel bad for him.
Moe has gotten his bronchitis back with a vengence, his coughing is horrendous, so we had to take him to the vet yesterday, all the same pills we would get in the U.S., same drug companies, but a quarter of the cost. Always the first thing we have to find where ever we live, a Vet, with Moe’s chest problems they come to know us very well.
For the first time in my life yesterday I lied about where I am from. I have always been very proud to tell people that I am Australian, but with the current issues with “Curry Bashing” in Australia and the stuff they are putting here in the media, saying that all Australians are racist, it is all over the news and the front page of all the newspapers, I was nervous. It has never happened to me before and I was ashamed of myself when it came out of my mouth.
On Monday Chris and I made the executive decision that we had made a huge mistake coming and that we would give his company 24 hours to give us a straight answer on our accommodation problems or we would leave, go back to the US. We had basically been screwed around for two weeks and we had had enough, they find it very difficult to give you a straight answer about anything. So Chris wrote a strongly worded email to the big bosses executive assistant and also to the operations guy in Visa Aviation. So we figured they would either be, bye, or fix it, depending on if they really wanted him here or not. Tuesday bought around some changes. We were finally told that they couldn’t get us into anything for another two weeks, nothing here is quick, so they emptied out the questhouse we are staying in so that it would just be us and the animals. Its definitely better, but we would both much prefer to be in our own place., hopefully by the 14th we will be. Of course there have been many other issues as well, we figured if we got this one sorted it might help with the rest.
[singlepic id=117 w=400 h=300 mode=watermark float=center]