This great recipe we developed after having the spinach and cheese flatbread at Carabas restaurant. It takes about 30 minutes to prepare using raw protein, or about 15 minutes if its already cooked.
This recipe gives you a nice meal for 2 people, we use a pizza stone and the BBQ to cook the pizzas but you can just as easily do it in the oven.
Preheat you pizza stone and oven to about 500 F , (we are going to turn it down once the pizzas are in)
This meal I calculated to be 1602 calories.
2 – Tandoor Baked Naan bread (store bought or make them yourself, we used store bought from Costco)
3 – handfuls of baby spinach leaves (the ones you get in the bags in the salad section of the store)
15 – large fresh basil leaves
8 – large shrimp, peeled and cooked
1 cup Mojo marinade for shrimp
8 oz Chicken breast (strips or whole breast)
1 tbsp Weber Kicken Chicken herb mix (or similar)
Tomato pizza base (home made or store bought)
2 oz Goat cheese, we used herb and garlic, but plane is good too. Either buy it crumbled or crumble it yourself.
1 Avocado sliced (use 1 half per naan)
1. Cook your Shrimp that you have marinated in the mojo for at least 30 minutes and the chicken that you have sprinkled some seasoning on. We undercook these, as they completion of the cooking is done on the Pizza. I use the BBQ to cook our protein.
This is the ingredients ready to go, the shrimp are cut into thirds and the chicken cut into smaller pieces
2. Place the Naans on a board, and dress with the Pizza sauce. Try not put too much on or else you will end up with a nasty soggy naan bread!
Spoon on a layer of pizza sauce, this is one we make ourselves
3. Take the basil leaves and chiffonade them (cut into small strips). Layer the Basil on top of the pizza sauce
Evenly spread the basil on to the pizza sauce dont be shy it tastes great!
4. Sprinkle on Garlic powder now… as much or little as you like
Be generous here
5. Take the spinach leaves and rip them up using your hands. Place about a layer about 1 inch high on each Naan bread (it will wilt and shrink when cooked)
Rip up a generous amount of baby spinach leaves
6. Add a pinch of salt and pepper on top of the baby spinach
Add a pinch of salt and pepper to each
7. Add your shrimp to one and chicken to the other now. (we have also used beef and ham on these and they are great)
Mix and match or keep one meat per naan like we did this time.
8.Add the crumbled goat cheese
Crumble on the goat cheese, about 1 oz on each naan .
9. Place on the pizza stone, instantly reduce the heat to 400 F, cook for 15 minutes (or until the goat cheese has melted and the spinach wilted, but not dried up)
Start with a hot preheated oven and stone, I like it at 500f for about 10 minutes prior to cooking
Gently place the naan on the stone, and reduce the oven temperature to 400F
Its hard to tell when they are done, its about 10-15 minutes, I just make sure the cheese is melted, the spinach has wilted and not dried up and gone crunchy
10. Add half a sliced avocado to each pizza , cut into quarters and serve
Add sliced avocado and cut into quarters